PLEASE HELP!!!Possible failed Root Canal????

Possible failed root canal? I had 2 Root canals in 30 and 31(had curved roots)a month a go.I have a big space in between the two of them where food gets caught constantly. I ate a steak for the first time in a while last night and cleaned out the food in my teeth but my jaw stilll hurts. I have just about had it. I have already been on 2 courses of Z pack and Clindamycin within 2 months of each other.I don't think my body can respond to anymore antibiotics.I also picked at it a lot with a proxy brush and toothpick and poked at gums because I kept missing the space unitl I used a waterpik. Could that be it?I am so scared and can't afford to lose any more time from work because of my teeth.

Packing food between teeth can cause a lot of tissue irritation and swelling. Can you tell if you're experiencing tooth pain or gum pain? If you avoid the area and do most of your chewing on the other side, does the pain subside? If the space is the culprit, crowns would solve this issue. Crowns are normally recommended for teeth that have root canals but you want to make sure that the teeth calm down before you invest in crowns.

Vote:
Packing food between teeth can cause a lot of tissue irritation and swelling. Can you tell if you're experiencing tooth pain or gum pain? If you avoid the area and do most of your chewing on the other side, does the pain subside? If the space is the culprit, crowns would solve this issue. Crowns are normally recommended for teeth that have root canals but you want to make sure that the teeth calm down before you invest in crowns.

Thank you for answering!!I should have mentioned that these 2 were already crowned before the root canals for the reason of food catching in between them!!Even for 31 which had to be done 2 appointments and I told the dentists I still felt pressure in the jaw and he said it can be normal 6 weeks to 6 months after a root canal. The pain seems to come and go so I am wondering if its psychological?

Vote:
A few weeks of sensation might be normal but definitely not six months. Also, if you've already crowned those teeth and are still packing food between them, one of them should be redone to create a contact point between them. A reputable practice would correct this issue at no charge because if left untreated it could result in bone and tissue problems in the future. If your pain continues I would definitely recommend that you have another dentist check the tooth and give you a second opinion so that you can be sure the root canals were done correctly. Best of luck to you.

Vote:

Ask a Question