Help-Dentist made a hole in my gum!

I went to the hygienist on Friday, when I was there I felt her dig her descaling machine (sorry don't know the correct name for it!) in between my teeth (it hurt!). When I got home I have discovered that she has made a hole in the gum between the top of my teeth (I think it's called the interdental papilla?). I've uploaded a photo (not very flattering!). I'm really upset as I can see the hole when I smile & am annoyed that this damage has been caused :-(. Please can anyone tell me if the gum is likely to regrow & cover the hole? It feels weird & slightly painful at the moment and I'm worried that food & stuff is now going to keep getting stuck in it & could cause me problems?! Please give me some advice?

Attachments

• IMG_1937.JPG
    IMG_1937.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 591
More than likely, there was calculus under your gums or in between your teeth that she had to remove. Tissue trauma can sometimes happen when the calculus is removed. As long as you brush 2x daily, floss 1x daily, it should heal on its own. If the area is not taken care of, the gingiva can't always heal. Hope this helps!

Vote:

Ask a Question