Help dentist charge

First of all I had visited a dentist office about getting Invisalign which they told me they can do it for a much lower price then what another office had quoted me. (It turned out costing the same). I agreed and paid anyways and all my receipts says I'm paying $4500 for clear aligners and an expander. 5 months down the road the dentist office calls me and tells me I can't get clear aligners and I have to get braces. Otherwise they'd have to charge me and additional $225 per aligner and I'd need 8. I very reluctantly agreed to the braces because I had financed it and wouldn't be able to get the money I paid them back. Is that legal? I thought this would be considered bait and switch. Another question is the braces took 6 months to put on and take off. Well they give me a retainer and never told me that I was going to pay for it and 7 months down the road I get a letter saying I owe $600 for that retainer. Is it legal for them to charge me without informing me and I never signed anything to agree to pay for it either. Is anything they are doing legal?

I'd have to be present for the entire interaction to say confidently whether or not it's illegal. However, as an orthodontist, if there was no fine print that you signed in the very beginning or it's not listed anywhere visible at the orthodontist's office, I would say there's a good possibility that it's illegal. Perhaps discuss this with a lawyer, after talking with the orthodontist's office and explaining your concerns.

Vote:

Ask a Question