Help, hard painless bump on hard palate

On January 9th I discovered a 1 cm x 1/2 cm slightly raised, hard bump on my anterior hard palate. It just so happens that also on that day I started taking two antibiotics to treat a recently diagnosed h pylori infection (2000 mg amoxicillin and 1000 mg biaxin daily). I thought that if it an infection these meds would take it away. Well it didn't. It's still there. It seems to get a little smaller while I sleep. If I continually push my tongue against it will get a little bigger. I remembered back in the fall brushing my teeth in a hurry and the hard tip of the toothbrush jabbing me in the same about area and then sliding towards the back of my hard palate. It brought tears to my eyes. It was sore for a few days but then I never thought anything of it. Could this incident have caused this bump to form? I'm so scared. I have where salivary gland tumors on the hard palate 're 80% of the time cancerous. What could this be? Help! :(

Definitely see a dentist to get a diagnosis. You can have a biopsy to find out what the growth is. Don't try to diagnose yourself from internet sites because this may only make you more anxious. Definitely make an appointment with a dentist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question