Gum under 2 lower molars weeping

I do suffer from buxism and about month ago at dentist visit, gums under just 2 molars (1 on each lower mouth) were weeping. I Was prescribed antibiotics for 7 days had a deep clean/scale but it has not gone. Full opg Xray looks clear so not sure what's going on. I Follow rigid oral regime. Dentist has said its to do with grinding teeth ???

Sure. Some sort of liquid is leaking from 2 molars/gums

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326_211603_Samsung Notes~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240326_211603_Samsung Notes~2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 3

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Only advice would be to then go and see a periodontist, if the deep clean made no difference. Ask your dentist for a referral. Might be another cause for the discharge

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
  1. Weeping in what sense? Bleeding when brushing? A clear fluid? Any other signs or symptoms? What did your dentist say?
  2. Antibiotics are not indicated, even if this was a gum problem.
  3. Generally your bone loss appears minimal and periodontist prob not required. (Would like to have clearer Xray around 16.)
  4. Judging from the excessive wear on your lower 1st molars, I'd be guessing you drink a fair amount of acidic drinks, e.g. fizzy drinks, sports drinks, juices,... What is the main way you keep fluids up - water or manufactured drinks?
  5. As an aside, I'd also consider extraction of upper wisdom teeth if they are not functioning well. They're just plaque traps.

Vote:
Only advice would be to then go and see a periodontist, if the deep clean made no difference. Ask your dentist for a referral. Might be another cause for the discharge
  1. Weeping in what sense? Bleeding when brushing? A clear fluid? Any other signs or symptoms? What did your dentist say?
  2. Antibiotics are not indicated, even if this was a gum problem.
  3. Generally your bone loss appears minimal and periodontist prob not required. (Would like to have clearer Xray around 16.)
  4. Judging from the excessive wear on your lower 1st molars, I'd be guessing you drink a fair amount of acidic drinks, e.g. fizzy drinks, sports drinks, juices,... What is the main way you keep fluids up - water or manufactured drinks?
  5. As an aside, I'd also consider extraction of upper wisdom teeth if they are not functioning well. They're just plaque traps.
Thx.
Weeping in sense of clear fluid when gums are pressed from outside of cheek. No bleeding.

I drink mostly water and most wear is due to grinding teeth subcontiously over a long period of time until I was advised to get mouth guard at that point most damage already done.

Dentist said it was due to grinding that my gums have experienced ongoing trauma?? Requested that i hve full opg xray which i did and now dentist has not returned my calls and has left me hanging for 4 weeks and not returned my calls.

Vote:

Ask a Question