Gum disease

My dentist is advising periodontal treatment as he says I have gum disease. When checking my teeth he regularly calls out numbers too his dental nurse, the majority being 1s and 2s with a couple of 3s. My gums appear to me to be pink and healthy, they have not bled for a long time. I brush twice daily and use an electronic flossier twice daily. I am highly suspicious that he is trying to drum up business, £275 plus 6 mthly maintenance checks. Is there anyone out there that can give me independent advice?

Update……I had to wait 2 months to get another appointment and in the meantime used bicarbonate of soda to clear some black tartar at the base of one tooth. The black tartar had practically gone by the time of my appointment.
The lady who gave me my second opinion was unaware of what the first dentist had told me. She assured me my teeth and gums are in lovely condition, no sign of any swelling or bleeding. Slight gum recession to be expected at my age, 61, but not worth worrying about.
Moral of that story…….ALWAYS seek a second opinion

Vote:

Ask a Question