Got another root canal done and the pain is the same as before treatment

Hello. I had a root canal done by an endodontist in a back lower molar (tooth #32) two weeks ago. It did not hurt at all for 10 days, just the normal soreness. 10 days later my jaw starts hurting. I ate some ice cream and the tooth really started hurting. It hurts a lot when eating something very cold or very hot (I didn't have cold sensitivity before, just hot). Since then it's been hurting just like before, I constantly have to take ibuprofen. It doesn't hurt when I chew on it.

I had posted a similar thread before regarding a root canal I had done 2 months ago. I don't know if I bit too hard on something. I'm very scared, because I'm supposed to get the crown prep on the 22nd and I don't know if I should get it done that day.

For my previous root canal, I went back to the endodontist and she said there were no nerves left inside and that dullness was normal, plus I flinched when they did the cold test on the tooth next to the teeth that were treated. But now there are no teeth next to the molar. I included an xray. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20210715_093929.jpg
    20210715_093929.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Ask a Question