Got my tooth extracted - is pain in jaw normal?

Solutions
So I made another thread about a problematic 2nd premolar that they finally extracted because my mouth is crowded as it is and it felt funny. There was pain between it and the 1st molar next to it, which is gone since the extraction.

I am on day 3, however my pain persists. It's an ache through my entire jaw, mainly on my canine tooth and my wisdom tooth. It mirrors on the upper jaw too (my teeth there are all healthy). Also sometimes it aches in my ear and behind the jaw (rarely). It's uncomfortable but not severe. It's the same kind of pain I had before.

As for the gum, I feel pressure in it, kinda like swelling or having food stuck, soreness when talking and right above the removed tooth pain when I press.

I also have slightly raised body temperature since the tooth came out.

Is this normal? Should I go to the ER? I am already on antibiotics and I will be visiting my dentist tomorrow anyway. I am very scared of infections :(

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you feel any swelling? It's hard to evaluate your problem with no images. Fortunately you will be seeing your dentist soon. Hopefully all of your questions will be answered.

Vote:
Solutions
Do you feel any swelling? It's hard to evaluate your problem with no images. Fortunately you will be seeing your dentist soon. Hopefully all of your questions will be answered.
I don't have any visual swelling or redness, I tried touching my gums (with clean hands) and they don't feel swollen. I just feel them stiff and tight when talking and opening my mouth. Like something stuck there, like a pressure. They were definitely worse the first day.

Vote:

Ask a Question