Gingival damage from Violation of Biological Width

I had an onlay done on a tooth recommended by a dentist, which was not in pain. After getting the Onlay I had intense pain for two weeks until I saw the dentist again who said I needed a root canal after all. After getting the rootcanal and getting the permanent crown on, I told the dentist that the crown felt tight. She tried to adjust it many times and I kept saying it felt tight. She seemed frustrated and said it is fine and I just needed to get used to it.
So I left and since then have felt pain when putting pressure on the tooth. I thought maybe it needed to settle so I waited a few months and went back to the dentist 6 months later. She said I need to see the person who did the root canal. So I went to the endodontist and she said she didn't know why I was feeling pain, as it doesn't show infection on root canal. She said she would discuss with dentist and get back to me. It wasn't until 3 weeks later the dentist got back to me. They said I should see a periodontist. So I went to another dentist to get a second opinion. This dentist said form the x-rays it looked like a violation of biological width problem and I needed a crown lengthening. He talked with the endodontist and they agreed that I should have the crown taken off to make sure. Sure enough as soon as she took off the crown my whole tooth cavity filled with blood, she showed me a picture, as the crown was pushing into the gums. She put a temporary crown on, with space from gum, to see if swelling would go down.
It has been four weeks with the temporary crown. When I went back she said it is still swollen and she noticed gingival damage that may take more than 3 months to heal. I've decided to just get the tooth extracted, as I can't afford a crown lengthening and I don't want to do this treatment. I want to ask for a refund for the tooth, but I don't know who I should ask. Does anyone know is this considered a malpractice, as it seems it is the dentist's fault for preparing my tooth too short for the crown to fit? Also who would be the one to blame, the endodontist who did the root canal or the dentist who fit the crown? I'm not sure who is the one that lowered my tooth beyond biological width. This tooth has caused me so much trouble and pain, I feel it would only be right to give a refund if it was the dentist's fault. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ask a Question