Advice needed - Discovery on my Inner Mucogingival Junction.

Gio

Hi everyone,

I hope you are well and having a lovely weekend!

I was hoping to be able to get some advice on something I discovered today. Any little help would be highly appreciated!

After brushing my teeth this morning, I noticed what I thought was my jawbone showing through my bottom gum, all the way along the inner left and right side of my mouth. It looks like a white round line. I have attached two images for reference (of each sides of my mouth), as I thought they would help clarify the issue.

Having experienced receding gums from brushing too vigorously in the past, I got alarmed and went to the dentist right away. At the clinic I got told that the white line I noticed is indeed bone, but I have nothing to worry about and that it's pretty normal. I was also told the bone is not actually exposed, despite looking like it. What I see is just the junction area where gum meets bone - the gum tissue is very thin there.

Despite having gone to the dentist, I am still sightly concerned about my discovery and would appreciate someone else's opinion.

Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Gio

Attachments

• IMG_7393.JPG
    IMG_7393.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_7397.JPG
    IMG_7397.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 377

Ask a Question