Is this really dry socket???? Or nerve damage

Hi I had a molar extracted last Wednesday by Friday it was still sore which is what my dentist told me it would be by Saturday I was in agony ended up in casualty on Sunday due to pain had to wait till Monday to get a dental apointment
Dentist said it was dry socket cleaned and filled it with gauze so that was yesterday
Today I'm still feeling the same pain but to a lesser degree and I told the dentist yesterday it was more in the 2 teeth to the left of the extraction site and the extraction site felt ok is this still a dry socket problem or is it possible that the nerves in the other teeth have been affected the extracted tooth was difficult to get out and took about 20 minutes to extract ???? Any help gratefully received

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Most likely the extraction was traumatic because the molar has multiple roots and dense bone. Unfortunately with any traumatic surgery, you may experience unpleasant post-op pain. It is important that you are not developing infection which can have swelling and or fever. If you have nerve damage, you will feel numbness or tingly sensation.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The nerves to your teeth get confused at the processing end in your brain, so the pain seems to be coming from elsewhere to the original source.

Vote:
The nerves to your teeth get confused at the processing end in your brain, so the pain seems to be coming from elsewhere to the original source.
Ok thank you so how long should I leave it before going back as my gums from injections are still really tender and jaw really hurts at the hinge end ??

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Ok thank you so how long should I leave it before going back as my gums from injections are still really tender and jaw really hurts at the hinge end ??
You'll have bruising that can take up to 2 weeks to feel really back to normal after a tough extraction.

Vote:

Ask a Question