Filling or Root Canal??

Hey about 3 weeks ago the filling on one of the molars on my bottom teeth fell out. I went to go see a dentist and she said I needed a root canal. The tooth is sensitive to temperature but I feel no pain, unlike what happened when I had my first root canal done. I cant understand the x-ray, I attached my x-ray so maybe someone can take a look at it to see if I really need another root canal or can just get it filled in?

Thanks

Attachments

• X-RAY.jpg
    X-RAY.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 534
Hi Yadesuyi,
The x-ray does suggests the need for a root canal! But the clinical findings and symptoms need to be evaluated as well. The sensitivity you describe is not suggestive of root canal treatment in need.
Although, in a case like that(x-ray image) temperature changes would imply in strong pain that would cease a few seconds after the temperature stimulus is removed. If you feel no pain what so ever, it might be a sign that the tooth is dead and in this case it needs a root canal treatment.

should you need more info:

Root Canal Bert The Dentist

Tooth Ache Bert The Dentist

Best of luck,
Bert

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question