Filling Issue - Hematoma or Nerve in Tooth

On March 1st I went to the dentist for tooth pain. It wasn't a horrible pain but enough that I wanted it looked at. The Doctor ended up filling 4 teeth #15, 14, 13, and 12. #14 was the reason I went in. When I left I had horrible pain, still in #14. I relate it to dry socket pain just less intense. It will last until I take Ibuprofen (400-800mg). Then it disappears for 8-24 hours. Literally pain free. However, when it returns it's the same dry socket type pain (less intense) and lasts for about 15-30 minutes. I feel certain the pain is in #14. However, I also have pain just above #14 where I am certain the novacaine was injected. So this was scaring me and I went back. The doctor decided to refill #14 and #15. Nothing changed. Today March 18th I still feel the same. I have an appointment scheduled for this Sunday :( however, I really don't want to go back again. My concern now is that they continue making the wrong decision. a) They pull it when it was just bruising or b) they see the bruise and say it's just the bruise and it turns out to be the tooth. I feel like I have several more visits coming up for this incident. When the pain comes I try to focus where the pain is but when I feel certain it's from the tooth I rub my cheek and it starts feeling better. Oh, and besides the 2 fillings I went 2 other times to adjust the bite. Even the dentist checked the bite and said there was no contact. I kept telling the dental assistant that I feel contact and she was clearly become frustrated with me. She even paused at one point for 20 seconds just thinking. I feel the pain right now as I am typing this. It is so difficult to know if it's the tooth, the bruise, or both. I attached a picture. Any advice?

Attachments

• Photo Mar 18, 10 39 00 AM.png
    Photo Mar 18, 10 39 00 AM.png
    776.3 KB · Views: 1,750
Update: I went today. I just want to get this over with. They ended up telling me they don't know. The doctor didn't even see me just his assistant. She said that she would check my bite one more time. Then tapped my tooth with her tool. I didn't hurt at first but over the next several minutes it starting radiating. It's either the bruising or the nerve. I still don't know but am scheduled to have it pulled tomorrow morning. Who knows. But I will be glad to see this tooth go. I have developed a hatred towards this tooth. It has been bothering me for 18 days.

Vote:
update: Now it doesn't hurt at all for the past 8 hours with no ibuprofen. I'm scheduled to pull it in the morning, but I have no pain at the moment. Woe is me.

Vote:

Ask a Question