Filling fell out

I just had a filling placed three days ago. It was on the front of an eye tooth near the gum. I was putting on some of that MI Paste this evening and the filling fell out! Why would this happen? I just spent a lot of money getting dental work done so I am not happy. Do you think the dentist is going to charge me to get it repaired? Does this happen a lot or did I have poor work done?

Dear Amanda, Fillings do fall out despite the best efforts some times. There are many reasons they can fail. In any case, 3 days is to soon and I think any fair minded and self respecting provider would welcome the opportunity to redo the filling at no charge.

Vote:
Sometimes if there is not enough retention in the dental prep a filling will fall out. Also, if moisture got on the tooth while the filling was being placed this could cause the filling to fall out. Either way, contact your dentist who will more than likely replace it at no cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question