Fever After Root Canal

Last Tuesday my left bottom jaw started hurting. I tried to deal with it as I have a ill parent who was having major surgery. It got better on Thursday and then Friday night I was in the most excruciating pain in my life. Couldnt sleep, just moanded in agony. On Saturday I went to a different dentist becasue normal was not open and they did x-rays and my #18 molar was infected. I had a root canal with an endodontist and he put me on 150 mg clyndamacin hcl. That evening the tooth was sore as expected, but I felt very loggy and malaised. I woke up Sunday and felt better, but quickly the ill feeling came back. I took my temp and it was 101.4, so started pushing fluids. I called the endodontist on Monday and he was out but got my message and phoned and left me a message saying that was not normal and recommended I see a doctor. Later that day I went to my normal dentist and they took some x-rays and said everything looked ok with the tooth and that with an infected tooth, the fever was not out of the question. He doubled the clyndamicn dosage. I also went to my regular doctor today and said that the shivers and chills could be because the bacteria got into the blood from the root canal but it appeared as I was fighting it. He put me on zithromax to take care of the rest of the body, becasue clydamicn is for mouth bacteria as I understood and I started that today. I know theres some pretty bad bacteria out there and cant get anymore ill because i need to help my sick parent and was wondering if it sounds like I am on the right track.

Last Tuesday my left bottom jaw started hurting. I tried to deal with it as I have a ill parent who was having major surgery. It got better on Thursday and then Friday night I was in the most excruciating pain in my life. Couldnt sleep, just moanded in agony. On Saturday I went to a different dentist becasue normal was not open and they did x-rays and my #18 molar was infected. I had a root canal with an endodontist and he put me on 150 mg clyndamacin hcl. That evening the tooth was sore as expected, but I felt very loggy and malaised. I woke up Sunday and felt better, but quickly the ill feeling came back. I took my temp and it was 101.4, so started pushing fluids. I called the endodontist on Monday and he was out but got my message and phoned and left me a message saying that was not normal and recommended I see a doctor. Later that day I went to my normal dentist and they took some x-rays and said everything looked ok with the tooth and that with an infected tooth, the fever was not out of the question. He doubled the clyndamicn dosage. I also went to my regular doctor today and said that the shivers and chills could be because the bacteria got into the blood from the root canal but it appeared as I was fighting it. He put me on zithromax to take care of the rest of the body, becasue clydamicn is for mouth bacteria as I understood and I started that today. I know theres some pretty bad bacteria out there and cant get anymore ill because i need to help my sick parent and was wondering if it sounds like I am on the right track.
Hi
I think your fever is because of infection. All you need to do is to take rest and follow the dentist instruction. After getting well you must use mouth wash because it really helps in fighting oral infections.
Regards
Fred

Vote:
Based upon your reactions, my best guess would be that you are coming down with a cold or something, not anything related to the root canal. The fact that the tooth feels fine tends would leave me to believe that there is no infection of the tooth. Believe me, you would know it if you did. Keep resting and taking Ibuprofin or Aceteminophen as needed. For the better result.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question