Feeling run down with swollen glands

For two months i have been feeling run down and have swollen glands in my neck which I suspect may be caused by gingivitis or peridontitis. The affected area appears to be around /between a crowned lower tooth and an existing natural tooth closer to the front of my mouth.

I do not experience any toothache at all, but I regularly get bloodstained interdental brush after brushing or flossing between these teeth. i get some relief of the symptoms once i have done such cleaning with with either baking soda toothpaste or Corsodyl mouthwash. Symptoms soon return (within 24 hours) until i do this close cleaning work again.

The dentist has x-rayed the tooth and said there is no issue and the crown seal is intact. I have not had any scaling or hygiene work done at the dentist since at least early 2020.

i need to visit my dentist again, but it would be good to get some advice here as I appear to be having difficulty communicating this issue to my dentist.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would start with a proper cleaning and then take if from there. Mechanical debridement is necessary to remove calculus, which you can't always remove with normal brushing and flossing. Gingivitis or periodonitis, can cause swollen glands, although this is usually a general sign and might also be an indication of infection elsewhere in the body.

Vote:

Ask a Question