Fast Braces Concerns/Questions

So I approached my dentist to ask for invisalign on my bottom teeth which have some crowding issues, but he convinced me fastbraces would be a better option and now I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into.

My main concerns are basically my bite, I have a slight overbite at the moment, but how fastbraces have been explained to me is that they push the teeth forward a little to provide more space, I am TERRIFIED that I'll end up with an underbite! I'd rather have wonky crowded teeth than an underbite which will need more braces to fix.

My dentist didn't make me feel any better when I questioned him about this, he told me it can happen but it was unlikely (this made me panic so much he refused to put the brace in and told me to go home and have a think about it, but there's nothing I can do anyway now, I already paid prior to this so I have to have it fitted at some point).

I've also discovered that I might get slight gum recession, but he told me this happens with any sort of braces, is this true?

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find any information on fast braces what so ever, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

Are you seeing a general dentist or an orthodontist? There are several ways to move teeth. Orthodontists specialize in this type of procedure. If you're unsure that you want to go this route you may consider getting a second opinion. It's very important that you feel comfortable with whatever dental treatment you choose.

Vote:

Ask a Question