Extraction done - Bone Exposed

I have had issues with my teeth since I was a child.. Have had MUCH dental work and seems like the more work that was done, the worse the teeth got.. had 6 crowns on the top and I was allergic to the material they were made from and they had to be removed and I ended up with denture on the top.. Had a partial on the bottom and eventually, the teeth I had left on the bottom had to come out and a full denture made. I had the extractions done (4 teeth... 2 on each side of the mouth)... To fit the denture in, the dentist had to do quite a bit of clipping of the bone on the left side.. much pain after... the pain am having now is mostly do to the back of the denture which will need to be adjusted... I have no bone in the back of the mouth after all the years of wearing a partial... so they had to build up the denture in the back to work...
My concern is... the extraction site is showing the bone.. the gums do not appear to be healing over the bone.. the bone where the teeth came out of is exposed... She didn't put stitches in the gums to seal it... I've never had this issue with other extractions ... it concerns me that food particles (when I start eating more solid food could get down between the gums and the bone and cause infection.. right now am taking antibiotics.. All my dental procedures also had to have 2000mg of antibiotics before the procedure was done because of my knee replacement.. after the extraction, she told me to take the antibiotics every 6 hours til done... I am doing that.. but am concerned about the bone being exposed... How do I make sure that the gums are going to grow over these bones on each side of the mouth?? I go back to see her Wednesday...

thank you

Ask a Question