Extraction Alternative?

I have a tooth that had a root canal around 1.5 years ago. Stupidly I never got it crowned (please please please learn from my mistake).

The tooth is pretty broken. 1 wall is remaining with 1/4 of it broken below the gumline.

My dentist says the tooth is hopeless and must be extracted due to decay extending down the roots.

I was worried about having to get it pulled because so few tooth structure was left, but she says the issue is the decay.

I have severe anxiety/panic disorder. I'm willing to do anything/pay any amount of money to avoid extraction. It is just not something I can mentally/physically handle. (Don't want to be sedated, don't want to take pain pills, don't want to be awake, don't want to bleed, don't want to have a missing tooth for the rest of my life).

Through some obsessive google searches I've found searches saying all teeth that are not vertically root fractured can be saved if you really want them to be/want to risk it failing/want to pay the $$. Is this true?

I'm planning on getting a second opinion, but wondered if anyone could related or had advice?

Ask a Question