Did I mess up my root canal?

Two days ago, I had a root canal done through a crown. The dentist put in a permanent filling as well. He said I should have been able to chew on it. However, it still is tender and it aches when I do so. I'm also still affected by hot and cold (but nowhere near as much as before. I think the sensitivity is going away on that front).

The pain is responding to medications but it definitely still hurts when the meds wear off. Should I go back to the dentist as soon as possible or wait it out? Did my root canal fail? Did I mess it up? I'm scared and in pain and frustrated. I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It might be that the filling is too high and just needs an adjustment. High spots could cause pain when putting pressure on the tooth. It also sometimes takes some time for the finished root canal to settle. It can sometimes take a month. If the pain is gradually becoming better, I would suggest just keeping an eye on the tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question