Dentist won't close my gap?

Hi. So basically it's kind of a long story but over the years of unfortunaltely having bulimia I've ruined and done a ton of damage to me teeth, especially on top.

My dentist told me I need a lot of work don't a couple visits ago so I kept going, then last time he goes off about how I'm not giving him "much to work with" and also "there's not much I can do."

I have a gap between my front teeth and it is so aweful I can't even look at myself in the mirror. I've asked him if I could get bonding to close it or at least make it smaller and he basically said "no" or "I can't because of your bite" something like that. To be honest I think he's full of BS.

So basically my question is, can my gap actually be closed with bonding or is he telling the truth? I don't wanna be stuck with this for life. Should I maybe find a new dentist? Or maybe I really am just completely hopeless.

Thanks.

Ask a Question