Dentist won't give me partial

My front tooth was knocked out when I was a youngster. Last year, my cap (or whatever it's called) fell out and I went to the dentist. She diagnosed gum disease and said she would not put in a partial unless I received extensive cleaning treatments first. I need my partial as I work with the public. She has refused to give me a partial stating she would be liable if she didn't treat my gum disease first. Can she refuse to give me my partial? I think she feels I won't be back for the treatments. Can she do this?

Yes. A dentist can refuse to perform a treatment if it is not safe. I'd advise you to get a second opinion, however, it will likely be the same outcome. Addressing your gum disease is the number one priority. I know it can be tough when you are out in the public, but in the long run your teeth and gums will be much healthier. Go for the treatments and take care of it sooner rather than later.

Vote:

Ask a Question