Dental Implant

So I go to see my dentist again in 15 days because I have been feeling a weird pressure that feels like my dental implant is expanding in my mouth when I eat. Every time I floss it smells like death I get a weird taste if i suck from that side of my mouth, they told me to just take antibiotics and I had probably bruised my implant because I had a heavy bite. They shaved my implant down and matched it flush with my other teeth so a few days ago I started experiencing really bad gum pain on my entire mouth so I went to another dentist to get a second opinion. Everything was fine with the implant its self but apparently I have 6 cavities going for a 3rd appointment here soon because I just don't see me having 6! I think he was just trying to steel my money and the gum pain he just said I had the start of gingivitis but I have 0 gum bleeding hence why I think he is trying to steel my money quote for 1600$ but that is besides the fact.

what could cause this pressure pain and sometime its feel like it did before I had the tooth pulled a very very needle like pain but now I have pressure added on top of this

So what could it be that 2 dentist don't see anything wrong with my implant x ray that is causing this pressure they have poked and prodded my gums around the implant with 0 bleeding. I just don't see how you can bruise a implant between these dentist visits and being disabled vet on a fixed income I have already put out 1900$ for this implant do I just cut my loss and have it taken out i'm about to just say screw it and have the rest of my 30 teeth pulled a put dentures in at 28 because I don't ever want to deal with this money rape again how can people charge 250$ a piece for 6 fillings when a patient doesn't use anesthesia and is getting them all done at once why does it feel like every dentist I have been to is trying to rape me

last part was just a vent but yea needed to get that off

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Hope the venting made you feel better! If you could get some X-rays to post up here, that'd help a lot.. Generally you shouldn't be shaving down implants, so I'm wondering if something is happening to the adjacent teeth.

Vote:
Forgot to get X-rays I go back in 10 days and I will grab.

They cut the crown out and put a healing cap on the implant but I don’t feel any pressure, only if I push against my implant one way and it’s only the one way that does it.

it feels like my whole upper mouth is expanding to my my nose at least it’s out now and not forcing the pressure by being in

And it’s not pain it’s just a pure pressure feeling felt like they where drilling in a cavity though when they took it out

Also they added bone to my implant When it was put in
That is as much as I can give but I will post pics up in 10 days the other dentist I went to wanted 72$ for the X-rays so yea there is that also

Vote:

Ask a Question