Deep Cleaning Does It Hurt and What to Expect?

How can I put this, yesturday I went to the dentist for a basic appointment, X-Ray, cleaning, find out if my teeth are in good shape or bad shape etc.

It has been years since my last visit to the doctor, and I went to this one office that only accepted Medi-Cal insurance, so it covered the basic check up. Anyway during the appointment, they did the X-Rays using this round device they stuck in my mouth and I bit down on it.

When I did X-Rays years ago I remember biting down on a smaller square shaped thing it was much easier, maybe this dentist office used old school stuff?

Then the X-Rays did not come through, they did but not so clear due to their old school laptop not connecting to the device so well until it did connect. All and all they said my teeth were in good shape according to the X-Rays.

Next up was the teeth cleaning with the paste which they did. Then I was told I needed a deep cleaning done and should get it done right away. The cost would be $200.00

All in all this dentist place I did not like at all. And now I am afraid to get a deep cleaning done whether it'd be this same location or a new location. How much do deep cleaning's run, I've heard cheap ranging from $50-90 to $100-150 down to $200 and up.

I also really do not want to throw up during the deep cleaning IF I do decide to do it. I know they can numb you up, but I've heard that DOES NOT work, and you can still feel pain and even the shot going into the gums etc.

Not sure what to do here. Just really nervous about it all.

Ask a Question