Composite resin failure.

Can someone advise on composite failure. Had some front upper teeth chips repaired. The composite feels like its sharp and proud on back of tooth lifting with tongue suction and is causing constant discomfort. But to the touch with fingers or tools nothing can be found. Any ideas.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
When were the fillings done? Front fillings can sometimes dislodge, since the front teeth are often used to bite into food. If the fillings don't feel right, and is also accompanied with sensitivity, I would go back for a follow-up with the dentist.

Vote:
Oh they have been done 5 months within days had problems been back 10 times so far. Problem is to feel its OK. To the Tonge and tongue suction it's sharp, lifting and moving.

Vote:
Yes, but everyone I see says they can't see anything, which I guess is the idea, that it blends with the teeth. Also if I go to another place I have to pay again.

Vote:
I have a similar situation; a cosmetic i.e. asthetic bonding is broken on the side [because the teeth imploded on each other when I had a ice skating accident injury to the side of the back of the head = momentum, sideways]. So it's invisible to everyone else, and the glue or Poly-[A]crylic-[A]cid is leaking out and gumming up my teeth and getting on my hands, hair and skin and then polymerizing with things like graphene and gluten, making me a walking Christmas Tree antenna.

You could ask them to redo the sealant. My dentist didn't charge anything that time because they knew this was bugging me for so long. That will make it smooth again, but in my case, you can't guarantee that when it's fragmented like Mount Rushmore, it won't get abraded by food more and break down further, becoming rough again. That's what happened 5 days later, but that's because I didn't have a complete restoration, to make the whole surface smooth and resistant to food again.

With my warm-heart and good-luck,
: Joseph.

Vote:

Ask a Question