Can a new crown going on a molar be made wider to help fill in the space from a recently removed wisdom tooth.

I recently had wisdom teeth (#'s 1,16) removed. It feels a little startling when I touch it with my tongue that there is a big space where the wisdom teeth were removed. Molar teeth (#'s 2,15) recently had root canals and are awaiting new crowns.

Generally speaking, is it possible to make the new zirconia crowns for the molars wider to a certain degree (going toward the cheek side) to help fill in a little of the space created from the wisdom teeth removal. Or do the crowns need to be symmetrical for bite and mouth comfort? The lower corresponding molars and wisdom teeth are still in place.

I had two upper teeth removed when I was young as part of an orthodontic procedure so I have 12 upper teeth now.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would rather suggest just giving it some time. You will get used to the new '' space'' behind your second molar, just like you were used to the space behind your third molars.

Vote:

Ask a Question