Crown

I had the permanent crown put on tooth number 11 today. I got home and notice this. It’s like a gap. There’s also a gap on the back between crown and gum.
Is this normal or is it something I should have checked?

Attachments

• IMG_6037.jpeg
    IMG_6037.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6038.jpeg
    IMG_6038.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 18

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
This is an ill fitting crown and something the dentist should have checked prior to cementation of the permanent crown. That area is a high risk for leakage and caries formation and also not aesthetic. I would go back to the dentist and insist he fixes the issue

Vote:
This is an ill fitting crown and something the dentist should have checked prior to cementation of the permanent crown. That area is a high risk for leakage and caries formation and also not aesthetic. I would go back to the dentist and insist he fixes the issue
I had a feeling it wasn’t correct. With my past experiences with this dentist and this combined, I chose to switch dentists. I need a second opinion on the work I’ve had done.
This dentist has been very dismissive of my pain and shows no concern in taking time with patients.

Vote:

Ask a Question