Broken Tooth

One of my molars broke off a bit today. I call it not a huge piece but a big enough piece. It broke almost down to the gum but not below the gum line and it took around maybe a quarter of the visible tooth with it. If you look at a molar you see how its broken into quarters thats pretty much where it broke at . There is NO pain what so ever and I had no idea it was going to break before it did. From what I can tell it looks like there was a cavity between my teeth. it didn't break clean it look more like the enamel just broke off the outside of the tooth so I am guessing I didn't have any damage to the inside. I have no pain even when drinking a cold ice tea. Any idea what they will have to do to fix it?

I am trying to get a dentist appointment tomorrow but the dentist normally only sees appointments so it might be monday before I go.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Depending on the amount of internal damage and or cavities detected on the x-rays, most likely the dentist will recommend a crown (cap). If the pulp (root canal) is diseased, then he/she will also recommend root canal treatment. A filling may or may not be strong enough to support chewing functions on the molar especially if you grind and or clench your teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question