Bridge/Gum Advise Please

I have a 4 tooth bottom bridge and a 3 tooth top bridge since 2004. No issue with bridges but the gums under the outer side teeth on the bridge are really receding very badly. My NHS now turned private dentist says there is nothing to be done, go easy on sugar and keep clean. Im worried Im going to lose my gums all together. In fact he is very slack and really doesn't want to do any work. There are no other NHS in my town only private. He refers any complex jobs to other practices. Advice from a professional would be very welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• 1679939882283.jpg
    1679939882283.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 4

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The question is, why is this happening? I see similar severe attrition around gum margins of other teeth in photo. This is usually caused by the combination of an acidic diet (soft drinks, sports drinks, citrus fruits,...) and a hard toothbrush used aggressively. Has nothing to do with sugar. Also a possible factor is that the crowns appear quite "chunky" (overcontoured), which can distort the way the gums react - usually become swollen and bleed easily.

Vote:

Ask a Question