Remove old crowns & replace with fixed bridge

My front 3 teeth have been crowned for 30 years due to an abscess. About 3 years ago the peg on one of the front ones snapped and I’ve had to wear a one tooth denture- which I hate.
Have decided to start treatment to extract old broken root at front, replace 2 old discoloured crowns with a fixed bridge. Am really stressing about all that can go wrong, appreciate dentist needs to tell you all risks. Extraction could cause crown next to it to be damaged, Worried when 2 old crowns are removed the pegs may snap and I’ll end up with more than 1 broken. Am I over worrying? I’ve wanted this to be done for years but now it’s happening I’m terrified. Thanks

It's normal to feel anxious about dental procedures, especially when they involve multiple steps and the potential for complications. However, it's important to keep in mind that your dentist is a trained professional who has performed these procedures many times before, and they will do everything they can to ensure your comfort and safety.
It's true that there is a risk that the extraction could cause damage to the adjacent tooth or that the pegs on the old crowns may snap during their removal. However, your dentist will take steps to minimize these risks, such as using gentle techniques and providing you with appropriate pain management.
It's also worth noting that a fixed bridge is a more permanent solution than a denture, and it can improve your ability to chew, speak, and smile with confidence. If you're still feeling anxious about the procedure, you may want to discuss your concerns with your dentist and ask about options for sedation or relaxation during the procedure.

Vote:

Ask a Question