Bleeding while brushing please help!

Hello, I am 16 a healthyish male and recentley been to the dentist to discover I have gingervitis. I looked this up to find it is inflammation of the gums etc. But the day after the dentists I have to start to brush and floss my teeth more vigiriously e.g circular motions, taking my time but two things ive noticed is that my gums are very saw while brushing to the point where I stop because of the inflame sensation and also I do spit a bit of blood every brushing session. I don't know if its because ive started doing it better or it is just because I am not doing some right. I am due to go to the highgeinst on the 29th for a clean. Please please help I am very concerned for my teeth. Thanks

Read your query; as you have bleeding gums while brushing this is a sign of gingival inflammation this can be due to some reasons such as: - Good oral hygiene is not maintained (deposition of food debris sub gingival areas of gums). Improper brushing technique or Use of hard bristle toothbrush. I will suggest you to maintain good oral hygiene, use Soft bristles toothbrush to brush your teeth twice daily. You should make sure that you're brushing, not scrubbing! Use regularly mouthwash like Chlorhexidine or Listerine. Avoid gum irritant like tobacco containing products (if you are taking). You should consult Oral surgeon for visual examination of oral cavity and Scaling (oral prophylaxis) for healthy gums. Hope I have answered your query,.

Vote:
The main cause of bleeding gum is the buildup of plaque at the gum line. This will lead to a condition called gingivitis, or inflamed gums. And you mention that you have gingivitis. Plaque that is not removed will harden into tartar. This will lead to increased bleeding and a more advanced form of gum and jawbone disease known as periodontitis.

So do consult with your dentist immediately.

Vote:

Ask a Question