Inflammation and bleeding between two teeth

Okay so a few days ago I noticed that the gum between two bottom teeth (not the front ones, ones off to the side a bit) have become inflamed. If I brush normally on the area it starts bleeding; once it completely just gushed but it always stops after a few seconds of rinsing with water. I've heard of periodontal pockets, but aren't those typically referring the gum on the teeth? Like directly attached to them? Do I have something stuck between my teeth? Early gingivitis? Do I need to tell my dentist ASAP or will it go away if I don't irritate it further? I've heard from another forum that brushing normally and making it bleed also means that the built up bacteria is being released, is this true or should I avoid brushing harshly on the area? WHAT DO I DO SORTA FREAKING OUT.

I forgot to mention that I currently am wearing molar rings, and I feel like my bite has slightly changed because of them? I don't know if this changes anything, just mentioning it. Very soon, probably next week, I'm scheduled to get my braces on (I'm 15). If I have to treat this, will I have to wait to get braces? Will there be a lot of extra charges? I really hope I can sort this out before I go to the dentist, please help!

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Most likely you may be experiencing hormone fluctuations which can present in the gums as mild to moderate inflammation. The only way to rule out gum disease is by your dentist. The molar ortho bands do irritate the gums and shift your bite a bit. Make sure you followup with your orthodontist.

I would clean the area with gentle and thorough brushing and flossing. Make sure it is not gum disease and if so, get proper dental cleaning and home hygiene.

Vote:

Ask a Question