avoiding antibiotics

hi guys,

I just had a tooth removed where there was a broken crown and the dentist said it was infected and had to be taken out. He prescribed some antiobiotics and I really prefer to avoid antibiotics if necessary. The dentist insists that it must be taken because the infection was bad. What is everyone's take on this? I just am not very found of the pharmaceutical-doctor relationships and there has been plenty of evidence in the past to show that doctors often prescribe medicine for the cash, or simply because their knowledge is limited to "take this drug for this".

Can I get away with avoiding these antibiotics? I mean, I've lived with this 'infection' and bad tooth for a couple years now just fine.

I think it would depend on what kind of antio-biotics the dr. prescribed.
You definitely want to avoid an abscess at any cost. An infection is deadly especially if it spreads to the rest of you body.

I would say that not all doctors are strongly associated with the pharmaceutical co. and if you don't trust your doctor, get a second opinion.

Vote:
hi guys,

I just had a tooth removed where there was a broken crown and the dentist said it was infected and had to be taken out. He prescribed some antiobiotics and I really prefer to avoid antibiotics if necessary. The dentist insists that it must be taken because the infection was bad. What is everyone's take on this? I just am not very found of the pharmaceutical-doctor relationships and there has been plenty of evidence in the past to show that doctors often prescribe medicine for the cash, or simply because their knowledge is limited to "take this drug for this".

Can I get away with avoiding these antibiotics? I mean, I've lived with this 'infection' and bad tooth for a couple years now just fine.
It is sorry to say, doctors' profession is a dedicated service to the patients. Most of them are for money and also they are doing well for the fees paid by the patients.
For tooth problem the antibiotics should be heavy doses and make problem to digestion tracks.So, all dentists prescribed antibiotics with antacids. It is a must to use antibiotics, pain killers and antacids for tooth removed.

Vote:

Ask a Question