Antibiotics? tooth rising 3 weeks after root canal treatment. (I have tmj). Antibiotics?

After discovering an infection and abscess at the root of a crowned tooth, I had a root canal treatment done. The crown was then repaired.

Three weeks later and I am starting to feel the tooth rise up first thing in the morning (although settles after 15 minutes) and am really concerned. I don't want his problem for the rest of my life. It's just this tooth.

I had a scale and polish with the hygenist a week ago to try and reduce any possible complications

I do have tmj which I know might be aggravating the problem. I am not in pain but the gum above the tooth does feel sensitive to the touch (through cheek). I am worried that there is a residual infection that might be damaging my tooth / ligament over time.

Do I take antibiotics to address infection before I risk losing my tooth while there is still time, or has the infection gone and it will just take more time to settle down?

Ask a Question