Abscess???

5 weeks ago I went to the dentist and he "started a root canal." to my understanding he removed the pulp. 4 weeks later I had sudden pain upon any pressure to the tooth. I started antibiotics the next day. Ammoxicillin 1500 mg a day. The pain got worse and worse. There is now a pocket of pus, I assume, that basically follows the cheek bone all the way to my nose. I can see this pocket inside my mouth where my gum and lip meet. If I push on that spot inside or outside my mouth there is a lot of pressure and pain. Yesterday, day 7 of antibiotics, my tooth basically quit hurting. But the pocket is still there. I woke up today and feel bad and have a low grade fever. My dentist office keeps blowing me off. My appt isn't for another week and I only have 2 days of antibiotics left. Dental problems are totally foreign to me. What is wrong w me?

@Crystal
what you experience is a sinus tract that need to be excised after retreating offensive tooth with proper endodontic therapy in addition to antibiotic therapy such as augmentine 1 gram each 12 hours + brufen tablet /3 times after meal+ oral mouth wash

Vote:

Ask a Question