A toothbrush with a camera and an AI software for detecting dental problems.

I'm not sure it's the right place to ask this question, sorry if not. Will be useful for you as a user and for dentists such toothbrush? A toothbrush with a camera and an AI software for detecting dental problems. During brushing of teeth, this toothbrush takes a photo of your teeth and send to AI software. In case of detected dental problems, the software will send information to you and your dentist.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It would be of very, very limited use. I don't just look at teeth to evaluate possible decay, I also need X-rays, a sharp probe, and adjustable lighting conditions. And then the dentist isn't going to want to look at these photos for free when you should really be having a proper examination. And that's just before you start considering the cost-effectiveness of such a system. Here's a way that one of the dental manufacturers addressed this issue. I have one of these, and haven't used it in years, but the concept is much more refined than a simple camera.

Vote:
It would be of very, very limited use. I don't just look at teeth to evaluate possible decay, I also need X-rays, a sharp probe, and adjustable lighting conditions. And then the dentist isn't going to want to look at these photos for free when you should really be having a proper examination. And that's just before you start considering the cost-effectiveness of such a system. Here's a way that one of the dental manufacturers addressed this issue. I have one of these, and haven't used it in years, but the concept is much more refined than a simple camera.

Probably you are right. It would be very limited use. But when there are the customers that pay 150 USD or more for a just fashionable electronic toothbrush on Kickstarter and Indiegogo in advance, and these toothbrushes collect more than 10 mln USD totally on pre-order, maybe this toothbrush also will find his customers. And dentist will not look at these photos for detecting problems, AI software detects all problems, the dentist just says to customers we must make a visit to curve your teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question