A local dentist told me one of my tooth cannot be save, is that true?

Dear Experts and Friends,

I have an abscess near the root of the second premolar teeth on the left side (See the attached photo). The abscess has leaked pus before.

I am foreigner working in Vietnam. I have consulted a local dentist. He has taken an x-ray image of the area where the problem is (See the attached x-ray image). According to this dentist, one of the tooth is overly infected and cannot be saved. It has to be extracted. I am very concerned about the consequence of teeth removal. I would like to see if there is any opinion regarding my present dental condition.

The same dentist has also prescribed augmentin, metronidazol and prednison to me. After consuming the antibiotic, I felt great.

Attachments

• teeth_photo.jpg
    teeth_photo.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 14
  • teeth_x_ray.jpg
    teeth_x_ray.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 13

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Difficult to see clearly on the photo or the x-ray, but it seems like you might an abscess that is periodontal in origin. With the bone loss seen on the x-ray around your teeth, as well as the condition of your teeth in the photo, it seems like you might have periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is a gum and bone disease, leading to bone and gum loss surrounding teeth. I would leave the tooth for now if not symptomatic, but go and see a periodontist as soon as possible for a full mouth evaluation.

Vote:
Dear Dr M,

Thank you very much for your advice. Fir some u known reason, the blister is deflating. It is almost flat. Like what you said, i should consult a periodontist.

Thank you again.

Vote:

Ask a Question