Toxic reaction to locals and need work ASAP

Greetings,

I feel at a complete loss as to my next step. In 2014 I was to receive a root canal on tooth 18 (I believe, lower left molar). I went to the endodontist who applied 2 cartridges, 3.6mL total lidocaine. As soon as the numbing started, I was unable to move without my equilibrium being disturbed, if I opened my eyes the ceiling was rapidly spinning and every time I moved, I would vomit, lasting approximately 1.5 hours. As soon as the numbness wore off, the reaction stopped, leaving me feeling a bit hungover.

We tried it again, this time without epi. 2 cartridges, 3.6mL total of Mepivicaine was used, same reaction. This time, I was administered oxygen as I believe it was more panic than anything.

I waited until 2016 to try again, this time 2 carpials of 3% carbocaine (not sure what that means, dentist wrote it) was injected and the same reaction.

I had skin allergy testing to mepivacaine HCL3% which came back negative.

I now have an abscess on this tooth and am in need of a root canal as soon as i'm done with my antibiotics. I also need to have the molar behind it removed or a root canal as it is also infected.

I will note that I have a mouth full of metal, spanning back from my childhood. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's hypothyroiditis in 2015 and have been on Synthroid since.

No one can seem to help me and everyone keeps pushing me off to the next person. Has anyone ever experienced this?????

Solutions
Sorry about your terrible experience. It must be so frustrating. I don't understand why you haven't had sedation, hypnosis or a general anaesthetic proposed. The last option is obviously a last resort, but an infected tooth is just as much a risk to your health.

Vote:

Ask a Question