2 questions regarding growing wisdom teeth

I uploaded pictures on imgur as it’s mouth and someone might find it NSFW, I’m not sure.

Anyways, onto the questions.
1. On first 2 pictures, I kinda scratched this part where wisdom tooth is supposed to come out while eating something sharp, should I be worried? It doesn’t hurt.

2. On last 2 pictures, I have this piece of meat that is growing above my wisdom tooth. My tooth is almost entirely out. It doesn’t hurt and I have no issues with opening my mouth. It only hurts when I bite it.. but that should be normal. I looked it up on internet, and it looks like pericoronitis but apparently that is supposed to hurt etc?

I was at my private dentist 3 weeks ago and they said that top ones are entirely out and bottom ones will have plenty of space to grow and it shouldn’t cause any issues.

I’m 21, not smoking or drinking. I have diabetes.

Thanks to everyone!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would give it more time for that piece of gum tissue to disappear, especially if your wisdom teeth only recently erupted. It can cause pain and discomfort at a later stage, but then the piece of gum can be surgically removed.

As for the scratching of the gum where the wisdom is supposed to erupt-it is normal for it to itch from time to time. I would be careful creating any wounds in your mouth with hands that might not be clean all the time. This has the potential of causing problems. Rather see if you can rinse with a disinfectant or numbing mouth rinse. This might help with the itchy feeling.

Vote:

Ask a Question