Worried tooth may have to be extracted.

I went to the dentist for a cleaning/check up 2 months ago. Dentist told me there were 2 holes in my teeth that need to be filled, but he wanted my wisdom teeth to be removed first. I went to a surgery place and had all my wisdom teeth removed a few days ago. One of the ladies working on my teeth there told me I need to get the two cavities filled before they "needed to come out." I am moving next week, so I have to make an appointment at a new dentist to get the cavities looked at. The soonest would most likely be in 2 weeks from now, so now I am having major anxiety that one of my front teeth will have to be extracted. I don't mind having it filled or even a root canal, I am just freaking out at the thought of a front tooth needing to be removed. I'm looking for thoughts or opinions on how severe the hole looks, I know the picture isn't the best.

Attachments

• C85C9B3A-A423-4BBC-879B-F0DA88D14B1A.jpeg
    C85C9B3A-A423-4BBC-879B-F0DA88D14B1A.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 115

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

It is difficult to judge from this photo, and without an x-ray, an honest opinion cannot be given, due to the fact that we have to determine the extent of the decay. I can barely see the cavity on this photo.
My advice would be to keep the area as clean as possible with normal oral hygiene habits, and then make an appointment with a dentist as soon as you can. I doubt you will have to have the teeth extracted. We don't normally extract front teeth, if there are other options we can consider first.

Hope this helps to put your mind at ease a little bit.

Vote:
Solutions
I think that Dr M is right. To extract the wisdom tooth I believe you nedeed to make an X-Ray, or maybe a CT, and maybe from there you can have a better view of the cavity in your tooth. Also, the advice for a good hygiene is essential, specialy with the use of floss or small brush to clean between each tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question