Whether the first dentist will do the refilling if I go for a second opinion.

Solutions
Hi all,
I had fillings in my teeth. The numbers are 13,14,15,19. I had the fillings in the month of June 2018. I was having the pain or pressure like feeling in my lower left teeth since I had these fillings. I went to my dentist 4 times and he did some bite adjustments 3 times and in the 4th visit, he said that I have to refill the filling since it's giving me some issues and am coming for 4th time. I went for the 4th visit in the month of September. He said it could be air bubbles. He said he will do the refilling for free because it's just air bubbles issue.

I still have the pressure like feeling in my left side and I want to get rid of it as it affects me everyday and my day to day life. I am thinking if I should go for second opinion to check this issue and to check the bites. My upper and lower teeth not aligning properly. I wanted to check if I really should do the refilling. If I go to a second dentist, he will take x-ray and examine. If he says that I have to redo the filling, can I go back to my first dentist for filling? Because he said he will do that for free.
Whether he identify or able to catch up my record that i went to another dentist for second opinion. Is that possible in US?
Why I am asking this question is, i have changed my insurance plan this year and I have to do out of my pocket.So, if he does the refilling for free, it will be good for me.
Any inputs on this ?

Solutions
If the first dentist has done a filling badly you should get your money back. If you ask the first dentist to do it again how do you know it will be ok this time?
Yeah..you are right. That's what I am worried about now. Whether if I do the refilling with him, I am worried that the same issues comes back again. I have no guarantee on that.
I am new to the US and I saw online reviews to choose this dentist and went there.
I will choose the second dentist again based on internet reviews. I am worried if the second dentist do the refilling, will it be ok or cause any issues.
I am not sure if he will give back my money after 8 months.
Thank you so much for your reply @Busybee. Appreciate it.

Vote:

Ask a Question