Upper and lower teeth touching at rest

Have been having issues with my teeth for the past several months, since April 2023. My upper and lower teeth keep touching, even at rest. I have a history of teeth grinding and have been wearing a night guard for the past 5 years. Recently had my wisdom teeth removed and a crown replaced in the past year which seems to have started this entire problem. It appears I have lost significant vertical dimension and need to restore this. I have seen about 10 dentists and orthodontists with numerous x-rays and CT scans and MRIs. TMJ and alignment issues have been ruled out by previous scans and ortho visits.

If I wear my night guard during the day and night, my teeth start hurting.

Right now my primary concern is that my upper teeth and bottom teeth are constantly colliding with each other, BOTH when I talk and at rest.

The only way I am able to talk without my teeth clashing is when I physically make a gap between my teeth (with a finger or some type of food). I am really tired and frustrated with this problem. Any help would be great.

Ask a Question