Tooth abcess

Hey guys. My name is shawn and I have a pretty nice sized abcess on my lower gums because of an infected tooth. I've had it for about a month now. The only reason I havent gotten it taken care of is because I dont have dental insurance and trying to get it has been a hassle or I would have to wait like a year before I could use the insurance . Any ideas on what I can do?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

To have an abscess on a tooth for so long is never a good idea. The abscess can enlarge and spread to adjacent teeth or spaces and can even become life threatening. A chronic source of infection, also strains your immune system, in a time where you need it to combat other viruses.
My opinion would be to get some antibiotics as soon as you can, or to remove the tooth. Always remember antibiotics is never the solution to a problem, although it will reduce pain and swelling for a period of time. The solution will be to get rid of the source of infection.

Hope this helps.

Vote:

Ask a Question