Tongue Stitches?

JJ7

Hi,
About a year ago, I burned my tongue (Literally from smoking a tobacco pipe one time, and it was the first time I ever smoked! And has been the only time since) somehow a piece of the burning tobacco fell onto the tip of my tongue and burned it. Ever since then I noticed the tip of my tongue actually had a tear/ slight piece missing, I can't believe this could happen, I thought for sure it would heal by now, but it has not and there is a slight rip in the tip of it and I cant stand seeing it. Is it possible to have an oral surgeon or dentist stitch this to mend it? I know this isn't an ordinary situation, at least not that I'm aware of. I really just want to have my tongue without this nuisance. I don't think this was there before the incident, or that I just noticed it when burning my tongue, does anyone else have slight tear/gap in the very tip of tongue to the bottom part of the tip? It is mostly noticeable when I move my tongue, I can see it. Insight is greatly appreciated. (Posted this on oral surgery but no response, thought I'd see if I could obtain help on this section).

Thank You.

The situation seems to be intense in your end, i believe you need to consult a good dentist who can assist you in getting that tongue reconstructed or some cosmetic surgery that can make your tongue look full, at the same time do avoid tobacco for retaining better oral health.

Vote:

JJ7

I am not a smoker, I was at a celebratory event and did this for the first and only time. Regarding the tongue, would that be a complicated procedure you think? It is really quite a small flap, barely noticeable until moving it. Or is it possible that I have always had this and just never noticed it, because I've seen there to be tongues that have an indent at the tip for some people. But mine looks more like a "tear" and is straight in the middle of the tip, a bit crooked but down the middle of the tip. And would it affect my speech if one was to get stitches?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question