Disgusting tasting, painful lump under tongue.

Solutions
Hello,

I writing this forum as I have just noticed a horrible lump or something right at the bottom of my mouth near my tongue. I don't think it's an ulcer as i've had it for years now, it sticks out now and then for about an hour and they just goes and comes back weeks later? I really cannot explain it.

What should I do? What is it? Is it an ulcer? Can they last for years?
g1.png
g2.png

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm stumped as to why you had it for many years especially if you get it for only an hour and it goes away. If it is a stone, a noticeable size will show up on x-rays. I don't have all the information to make a good diagnosis. Do you eat certain foods that can cause this reaction? I'm suspecting an autoimmune response or irritation/traumatic response. According to the first image, you may have a cavity on YOUR Lower Left molar (opposite side of the lesion).

Vote:
Solutions
No foods cause the reaction, I was just sitting on my computer and noticed a serve sharp pain under my tongue so I looked into the mirror and noticed that. When I mentioned the hour part I meant that it actually inflates and becomes really painful, but it hasn't done that since I posted this. It's just really small and non-painful anymore. I don't know what caused it to be so serve at points but I had to grab the camera immediately cause it looked like it was going to pop by itself. I didn't even know that it looked like what it does until the night I posted to the forum as I looked into the mirror. Previously before I thought it was just a vein that was bothering my mouth now and then. Yes I do have a cavtiy on my left molar which is really sensitive when brushing. I'll have to get a filling for that. My dentist is aware of many holes I have in my teeth but seems to only be giving me fillings if it is necessary such as if my teeth are in pain or sensitive. I mean, I thought it was important to get fillings in every tooth with a cavity I have right now, including the ones that are not sensitive or painful to avoid the holes enlarging but I think my dentist is not doing it as it's on the NHS. But she also put me on 5000ppm toothpaste, I don't know if that can just turn the black spots in my teeth white, or fix them, or if I need fillings.
teeth2.png

Vote:
Solutions
I've just noticed on the other side of my mouth another one of those spots things. I have confused myself. It has been on my left side of the mouth (photo below) for years, but only just started appearing on my right side. frequently, or possible a long time. I've never actually noticed until I looked. I use to just assume they were veins..
new.png

Vote:
Solutions
And as for my right side of the mouth, the first image, it now looks like the image I just posted. It's became no longer painful and it's colour has blended into my mouth but it is still there as I can feel a bump, but it will not leave.

Vote:
Solutions
But what is causing it to appear like the first image I posted every few weeks? The bump is permanently there, but turns into the top image every few weeks which is confusing.

Vote:
Solutions
It could be a reaction to the new toothpaste. I've had to change pastes myself for that reason. Speak to your dentist about whether there are alternative toothpastes you could try to see whether the problem goes away.

Vote:

Ask a Question