Swollen gums

I use oral b electric brush with sensydine toothpaste and brush three times a day. Is brushing too much irritate the gum? The gum with discomfort on one side. I use plaque mouthwash. I use warm salt water. Do I have gingivitis? My gums don’t bleed. Any recommendations?

Hi there. Brushing too hard can damage your gums, but if you're using the right technique then brushing 3 times a day is acceptable. Using mouthwash and salt water is great, so long as you are flossing your teeth regularly. Just cause your gums don't bleed does not mean you don't have gingivitis. Some people have gingivitis but don't clean their gums properly, so they don't notice bleeding gums even though they suffer from gingivitis. A thorough dental exam, X-rays and probing is required to determine if you have gingivitis and what stage. My recommendations are: (a) don't brush hard, (b) floss, (c) get a check-up and cleaning regularly.

Vote:

Ask a Question