My gums have been swollen since childhood

Hi my name is Tim,
I am 15 years old, my mother is a dentist.

I have been living with my mouth open since I was a child and I breathe through my mouth when I sleep. Now, this distress has decreased a lot, my mouth is mostly closed, but I think it is open while I sleep. My gums are swollen, not a flat gum. Is the problem with this gingival swelling related to my mouth being open all the time? I brush my teeth regularly morning and evening. I really want to have good mouth look. My gums are kind of on my teeth so i want my gums to recede.

Thank you.
: )

Hi my name is Tim,
I am 15 years old, my mother is a dentist.

I have been living with my mouth open since I was a child and I breathe through my mouth when I sleep. Now, this distress has decreased a lot, my mouth is mostly closed, but I think it is open while I sleep. My gums are swollen, not a flat gum. Is the problem with this gingival swelling related to my mouth being open all the time? I brush my teeth regularly morning and evening. I really want to have good mouth look. My gums are kind of on my teeth so i want my gums to recede.

Thank you.
: )
Hi, Hope it will be okay soon. The better idea is to discuss it with your mother... Though she is a dentist she must know the fact. And also get valuable points from the members here.

Vote:

Ask a Question