Strange sore lump on the side of tongue

Hello! Im 27 old female without smoking experience. In September I noticed soreness in my left side of tongue. It isn't daily, 3-5 days and 1-2 weeks break.
I can't notice anything while popping out my tongue but yesterday I bought pocket mirror and today I find strange papillary lesion on my tongue.
Worried about mouth cancer(
IMG_20231108_120515.jpg
IMG_20231108_122402.jpg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
This looks like a small inflamed papillae on the side of your tongue. Papillae are a normal occurrence on the side of the tongue. The inflammation could however be caused by a sharp edge of the tooth or a filling on the adjacent area. Have this checked out. Alternatively it could also be due to you accidentally biting that area at night when grinding your teeth, or even an irritation caused by something in your diet. I would advise trying a chlorhexidine mouth rinse for about 2 weeks, and if it doesn't clear, go to your dentist, to check for grinding habits or sharp edges on the adjacent tooth.

Vote:
This looks like a small inflamed papillae on the side of your tongue. Papillae are a normal occurrence on the side of the tongue. The inflammation could however be caused by a sharp edge of the tooth or a filling on the adjacent area. Have this checked out. Alternatively it could also be due to you accidentally biting that area at night when grinding your teeth, or even an irritation caused by something in your diet. I would advise trying a chlorhexidine mouth rinse for about 2 weeks, and if it doesn't clear, go to your dentist, to check for grinding habits or sharp edges on the adjacent tooth.
Thanks! I will use rinsing and visit dentist and otolaryngologist.
May be its something from my throat lymphoid, I have chronic tonsillitis, chronic rhinitis and reflux since my teen age.
Hope it isn't cancer...

Vote:
Does not look too sinister. I would not jump to any conclusions.
Hello! After 3 months its still here. Or maybe it disappeared and returned, idk, I haven't check it till last few days.
It become smaller and I see smaller similar lump on opposite side.

Vote:

Ask a Question