Strange sores on tongue

Strange sores on tongue

Ive had these sores on my tongue for as long as I can remember. They come back each month and sort of make my tongue sensitive. Ive asked multiple doctors what they are and im always left with no answer. Ive looked it up and they resemble a little like geographical tongues. Any idea what they could be?

0B1412A9-B80F-4970-837B-C5B5B0BE54E5.jpeg

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

This is indeed a geographic tongue or migratory glossitis. Common in a lot of patients. These white stripes can sometimes change shape and size. It is thought to be auto-immune related, and can sometimes lead to a bit of sensitivity with certain foods. No intervention is required. Just good oral hygiene habits and the avoidance of spicy foods, if it causes sensitivity or a burning sensation.

Vote:
Good day

This is indeed a geographic tongue or migratory glossitis. Common in a lot of patients. These white stripes can sometimes change shape and size. It is thought to be auto-immune related, and can sometimes lead to a bit of sensitivity with certain foods. No intervention is required. Just good oral hygiene habits and the avoidance of spicy foods, if it causes sensitivity or a burning sensation.
Thank you

Vote:

Ask a Question