Sterilization of Dental Implants

Hi,

I am chasing for very specific information for the manufacturing of dental Implants. I've got few implants which are packed but they haven't been sterilized after their producing. So they are missing the sterilization part during their manufacturing process which as far as i know is the last part.They sterilize them after packaging. I am wondering which way of sterilization are using the companies. Can i just use Autoclave or that's not appropriate? Do they need Gamma sterilization or maybe with UV light? Any ideas?

Thank you for the provided info. I know that's not a DIY project that's why i am wondering where should i look for help. From what i can see all of the 4th methods for sterilization are appropriate. Am i correct?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Thank you for the provided info. I know that's not a DIY project that's why i am wondering where should i look for help. From what i can see all of the 4th methods for sterilization are appropriate. Am i correct?
You shouldn't be looking into this at all. Firstly, the cost of finding someone willing to do this will outweigh any savings you would get. Secondly, it is unethical and probably illegal to self-sterilise these products and pass them off to unsuspecting patients as if they came directly from the manufacturer.

Vote:

Ask a Question